Because He Lives
The Significance of Jesus’ Resurrection
1 Corinthians 15:17-20
To help us understand the significance of the resurrection of Jesus, Paul says, let’s think for a minute what it would mean if Jesus had not risen from the dead. Make no mistake, Paul knows Jesus has risen from the dead, He has seen Him! But to help everyone understand why it is so important that He did, he says, let’s pretend for just a minute He didn’t. The follow things would be true:
1. The Christian faith is completely worthless.
2. Everyone must pay the penalty for his or her sins and are the objects of God’s wrath.
3. Death will be final and everyone will spend eternity separated from God in hell.
4. Life is meaningless and a waste.
But, since Christ has been raised from the dead. . .
1. Everyone who embraces the risen Jesus has power from God.
2. Everyone who embraces the risen Jesus has been pardoned of sin.
3. Everyone who embraces the risen Jesus has the promise of eternal life.
4. Everyone who embraces the risen Jesus has purpose for living.
Power, promise, pardoned, and purpose can be yours by embracing the Risen Jesus. Jesus is alive, will you invite Him into your heart to be Lord and Savior today.
Romans 10:9, “If you confess with your mouth that, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”