House Rule #1: Submissive Spirit
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5:21
Submission does NOT mean (From 1 Peter 3:1-7):
1. A wife is to submit to every man.
2. A wife has less value than her husband.
3. A wife must agree with everything her husband says.
4. A wife is incapable of thinking and making wise choices for herself.
5. A wife must avoid efforts to change her husband.
6. A wife’s primary source of strength is her husband.
7. A wife fears her husband.
Submission is a God-honoring inclination in the heart of a wife to honor and support her husband as he leads the family to fulfill the will of God.
House Rule #2: Sacrificial Love
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
House Rule #3: Respectful Obedience
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Ephesians 6:1–3
House Rule #4: Sensitive Instruction
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” Ephesians 6:4
House Rule #5: Sincere Service
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
House Rule #6: Selfless Treatment
So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them… Matthew 7:12
House Rule #7: Christ Centered
But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15