Top 10 Things Our Kids (and Adults) Should know about God
Matthew 18:1-4; 19:13-15
1. God made me therefore I am special and important. I am one of a kind!
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:13–14
2. The Bible is God’s Book. I should read it and do what it says.
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— 1 Peter 2:2
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:14–15
3. God hears me when I pray to Him.
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 1 John 5:14
4. God wants me to treat other people the way I want them to treat me.
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12
5. I can thank God for who He is and for all the good things He does.
But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying out in the temple, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were indignant, and they said to him, “Do you hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes; have you never read, “ ‘Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies you have prepared praise’?” Matthew 21:15–16
6. God wants me to obey my parents and respect other adults.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Ephesians 6:1–3
7. I do things God doesn’t want me to do but He will forgive me if I ask Him to.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
8. Jesus is God’s Son and He loves me.
These are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31
. . . And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
9. Jesus took the consequences for the bad choices I make by dying on the cross and came back to life to live forever.
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 1 Corinthians 15:3–4
10. I can live forever with Jesus and others in Heaven if I believe in Him.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16